From Keith W. Russel, PBSO:
For community distribution- see 4 attachments
Here is all the information needed for lawful use or to lawfully modify a Golf Cart as a Low-Speed Vehicle. This information should be read in its entirety to ensure compliance. There are many Florida State Statutes that govern there use. A couple of things to point out:
- Anything that was manufactured as an off road vehicle (ATV, Mules etc.) are NOT allowed to be converted.
- Low Speed Vehicle(LSV) cannot be operated on any roadway with a posted speed higher than 35MPH … could not be operated on any paved county road in PBCE as they are posted at 40mph.
- Must be capable of minimum speed of 20mph, Maximum Speed Limit of LSV is 25mph
- Can be Gas or Electric
- MUST Possess a VALID Driver License
- Must have completed conversion completed prior to having inspected by DHSMV
There is contact information on forms for those that have further questions for DHSMV.